Sign In

  • No ratings found yet!
Vendor's Listings

Luna Cat Rescue


Breed Description

Luna Cat Rescue

Luna Cat Rescue NPC rehabilitates and rehomes cats and kittens from underserved areas in Cape Town. As an official partner of Mdzananda Animal Clinic in Khayelitsha, Cape Town’s biggest township, we take on 90% of the cats and kittens surrendered to them. We also collaborate with Animal Rescue Organisation (ARO), focusing on community outreach and veterinary services. Many of our foster cats and kittens have experienced physical and/or emotional trauma, malnutrition, as well as abuse. Our mission is to get them healthy, happy and adopted into loving homes.

Luna Cat Rescue Foster Program

All Luna fosterlings are placed in volunteer homes in the Cape Town CBD, Atlantic Seaboard, and Southern Suburbs where they recover, their personalities are assessed, and then they are matched with the right families and homes.

  • 70% of Luna Cat Rescue cats come from Mdzananda Animal Clinic, and the remaining 30% come from other underserved areas.

Mdzananda Animal Clinic in Khayelitsha is the only clinic in a township of 2.4 million people that offers full veterinary services. Although many stray animals are surrendered to them, Mdzananda doesn’t have full shelter facilities, so they rely on partner organizations like Luna Cat Rescue to foster and find homes for these animals. Mdzananda ensures every treated animal is sterilized to prevent further unwanted animals.

About Luna Cat Rescue

Cat-loving friends Stefanie Bergmann and Laura Watkins founded Luna Cat Rescue in June 2021. Steffi previously ran the cat adoption and foster home program for Mdzananda Animal Clinic voluntarily for over two years. Laura began fostering for Mdzananda in early 2020. Their collaboration and friendship inspired the creation of Luna Cat Rescue.

The team has since expanded:

  • Jane Blyth: Neonatal kitten specialist fostering critical care kittens and bottle babies.
  • Vanessa Clark: Manages social media, drives adoptions, fosters older kittens and teens.


Our top priority is ensuring that the rescued cats and kittens will live the rest of their lives in safe, loving homes. Adopters must commit to providing veterinary care including annual check-ups, vaccinations, and regular worm and flea treatments.

We pride ourselves on matching cats and kittens with the right homes, considering current pets, family members, and lifestyles. If a particular cat or kitten is not a good fit, we will help you find the best match for everyone involved.

Important Note: Kittens under six months old need companionship and stimulation. We do not allow single kitten adoptions unless there are other pets in the home. If no other pets are present, we require the adoption of two kittens.

Join Our Mission

Do you love cats? There are several ways to support Luna Cat Rescue:

  • Adopt: Provide a forever home for a cat or kitten.
  • Donate: Help cover our costs. We spend R1,300 per cat/kitten on sterilization, food, microchipping, and vaccinations. Our adoption fee is R950, so donations are crucial. As a registered Public Benefit Organisation (PBO number 930074422), donations to Luna Cat Rescue are tax deductible in South Africa. Banking details are available below.
  • Foster: Provide a temporary home for cats and kittens. We support our foster families every step of the way.
  • Spread the Word: Like and share our message on social media to help more cats and kittens.

For more information, to apply for fostering, or to make a donation, please visit our website or contact us directly.

Additionally you can find more welfares here
As well as pet shops for all your kitty needs here
Or add your listing here


There are no reviews yet.

Add Review

Add Review

Be the first to review “Luna Cat Rescue”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *